Oh shit.., I just heard the entire town of Westborough, Massachusetts collectively gasp.
The reality is every teen will experiment with some mind altering substance. With all the peer pressure, media hype and varieties of recreational drugs available, it is a mystery as to how America has ANY teenagers left.
Here’s my Top 5 Reasons why I think weed is better for teens than alcohol:
5. Throwing up is nasty. Let’s face it, when you are a teenager, you haven’t learned how much you can drink. More than quite often the alcohol ingested is expelled with the food that also is in the stomach. Rarely does the drunken teen make it to the proper porcelain facilities. Do you really want your teen spewing their evening all over your car or newly installed carpet?
4. Drinking turns people into assholes. OK, not everyone is a mean drunk. That doesn’t guarantee some other drunk asshole isn’t going to affect everyone at the party. Starting fights. Bullying. General obnoxious-ness. We’ve all experienced that drunken fucker that ruins the party. I’ve never seen stoners act in such a way. Ever.
3. Stoners don’t black out. OK, there might be some memory loss, but never a coma. The Stoner will not pass out and be that victim of the drunken asshole (see above) Sharpie artist drawing a dick on that poor passed out drunken bastard’s face.
2. You can’t drive drunk. Proven. Fact. There are soooo many deaths as a result of drunk driving, it is staggering. (pardon the pun) I would much rather drive with a stoner than a drunk. Not ideal driving conditions as well… in fact, it is illegal to drive high. However, my experience has proven stoned drivers are far safer and have more control than drunk drivers. Stoners drive slower. Stoned drivers are more cautious as a result of the “paranoid” effect of cannabis. Marijuana can actually increase one’s concentration on the task at hand depending on the strain of weed they ingest. Bottom line… driving stoned is way safer than driving drunk.
1. Alcohol is poisonous. There, I said it. If you drink too much alcohol, you will die. Proven, Fact. Binge drinking is a deadly teen issue, yet it is commonly practiced at colleges where some of these teens are drinking for the first time. Binge drinking is glorified, seen in many TV shows and movies… it is considered a rite of passage. Indeed. You drink too much and die, you have passage to dirtville. Just to be clear… There has yet to be an “overdose” on Cannabis. Not one human being has lost their life as a result of ingesting, in any form, too much cannabis.
That right there, my parental friends, is enough for me to seal the weed deal.